Tuesday, July 17, 2012

On a train journey


I handed over an exact change of RM3.75, took my camera out and start taking picture. My first train journey start here-Tuesday 10th July 2012. This train would bring me straight to the last station-Tanjung Aru.

The ticketing Counter
The railway
Ticket price range from RM3:75 to RM18
It was almost 5:15pm, when the train arrived at Membakut station (according to the schedule it should depart from Membakut station at 5pm, so much for keeping time). Membakut is a small town on the west coast of Sabah; govern by ADO (Assistant District Office).  My office is located just 5 minute drives from this town. During my first year here back in 2007, most of the shop owner thought I was a new teacher. It is such a small town that everybody knows everyone. I have seen many changes around the town for the past five years. A new shop lots, a library and a futsal centre.
Route Map

Sitting arrangement
I board the train with an enthusiasm of 10 years old. It’s free sitting, so I picked a seat beside the window corner so I won’t miss seeing anything.I’m not sure if every train is powered by kinetic energy, but this one does. Whenever the train stop at any station along the way, the fan and lights turns off.

Building construction along Kimanis road
Bongawan river











15 minutes along the way rain started pouring like cats and dogs. I had to close the window and changed my seat because the rain water started to drip into the train through the window. I couldn’t see a thing from the fog window and thus with my knapsack beside me and camera strapped  on my neck I slept until I reached my destination. Better luck next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment