Friday, August 26, 2011

Freedom Seeker

I see flags everywhere - buildings, cars, office and even the highway are dressed in handsome stripe colour of Malaysian flags. Most of adults my age will never understand the struggles nor fight the wars decades ago that bring to this month celebration. 

I remember not long ago, there were some arguments as to when to celebrate Merdeka day. The Sabahan claimed they only gained independent on 16th Sept so it should be celebrate separately with the West Malaysia counterpart. As side liner, most of us including me saw days of debate and fuss. Well, we all knew how it ended...More holidays..! 

Freedom- I still remember back in my university days, I once stood at one of the big crossroad in my life and how having the freedom then had shape into what I am now. As you might remember, choosing what to major in has become one of the independent mature decisions one has do decide back in the campus. Naturally, I went to seek advice from my saviour and my God. After all, He had never fails in showing me the right path…except for those decisions that came from my selfish flesh. 

I know now that nothing is free except the grace of God and even that you neither deserve nor earn it. WE yearn for more freedom but refuse to take the responsibility when given one. WE desire peace for the world when we can’t even stand our bossy neighbour, WE cry for justice when we can’t even see eye to eye among the member of our own family. WE crave for better health system when we can’t even drive modestly in the highway. And even after all that, WE still long for more. 

Cherish what we have rather than what we don’t have. Happy Independent Day Malaysia..!

1 comment: