Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Life as we know it


2011 had been a bit of everything- the good and the bad. And one thing for sure, a lot of people will be busy reflecting and setting on new resolutions or like me do the carry forward resolutions. 

My interest on photography takes into new turn this year, not that I ever enter any photo exhibition; it’s just the realisation that when pictures were taken time does stops and memories sealed. 

Every now and then ones would have had bad experiences with government services (I have my share of stories this year), I eventually realized why people migrate out, a friend once told me it’s all about having someone on the ‘inside’…rules can change and here I thought no one is above the law.

This year is the turning point of my career and after serving four years in this company, I realise two important facts- if you want to survive follow the flows but remember not to lose your principle along the way and that the boss is always right.

Looking back, I didn’t manage to expand my friendship radar. I have the same closes friends’ number in my phonebook list. I talk to the same friends from my secondary and university days and every year for the past 4 years, I received two birthday gift packages on my birthday all the way from the land of hornbills (It’s an unspoken giveaway tradition we had few years back). And thanks to the ever fast growing communication technology I gain one chat friend by the name of Casper.

At the beginning of a new year and end of the other, I thank God for all that I have and had, friends to share my joy and sadness, family who is always there to support and comfort me, a job to keep so that I square up all my bills at the end of each month. This year I hope I'll find the missing part of me

So, here’s wishing everyone Happy New Year 2012 and May this year brings peace and success into your life.

Allow me to quote from T.S. Elliot ~what we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from.

2 comments:

  1. It’s an unspoken giveaway tradition ~ i like this! Haha! Wish you a wonderful year ahead. Find joy everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how it all started?...the next thing I know we are exchanging birthday gifts year after year...hahaha

    ReplyDelete