Tuesday, May 14, 2013

POST GE13- EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE…?



I have been reasoning myself that I should calm down before writing anything on my blog. I think I am calm enough tonight to pen down something, else I will have another restless week. So, how long has it been-post GE13? Let me see, some may and still say 9 dark & black days for Malaysia. But, did anything significant changes? Not much huh? But I know I changed; I did not turn into some superheroes or anything near that but in seeking the truth I now know …THAT everything has its price.

Let me share one story that I read few days ago.

One day around 1870 the manager of a large railroad in the eastern United States was surprised to receive a visit from one of his competitors.

Without wasting time of formalities, the man described a scheme by which the two companies could deceive a mutual competitor and put him out of business. The results would be worth millions of dollars in revenues for both companies.

The manager immediately pulled back from his desk and said, “Sir, that is not how we do business here. Furthermore, I am sure Mr.Vanderbilt (the owner) would not approve.”

“I can’t see why we should need to trouble the old gentlemen about this,” the man continue. “And-did I mention? - we have a draft for $10,000 in your name, if you see fit to use it.”

“Sorry,” the manager replied firmly. “It’s out of the question.”

“H’mmm, did I say $10,000? I must have misspoken. Actually, the draft is twice that amount.” At this the executive edge still father away from his desk and glared at his visitor, who mistaking the reason for his reaction, added hastily: “However, it’s just possible we could find a way to make it $30,000.”

Springing to his feet, the manager roared, “Get out of my office! Get out this instant, you scoundrel, before I have you thrown out!”

After the visitor had retreated, the secretary, who had overheard the entire conversation, came in. He found his boss sitting at his desk, wiping his brow.

“Sir,” he said, “I can’t begin to tell you how much I admire you for…”

“Don’t say it,” his boss replied, holding up his hand. “The truth is, I had to get him out of here in a hurry. He was getting close to my price.”

Is it true that everything has a price-even honestly, truth and justice? Would you sell out for $30,000? I guess a lot of people would sell out for less under the right circumstances.

Have we been denied the truth during the recent GE? Many believe so, but I still believe that had ‘those’ being approach have infinite value on honestly this would not had happen. It just shows how friable our core values are.

The ninth commandment, states that “Do not lie” which demands that we must love the truth. Therefore if we love the truth, we will search for it, value it and share it. 
 
Be a true seeker...With that last note I rest my case…

No comments:

Post a Comment