Saturday, November 2, 2013

In Memory of Walter John


A blue stripped tie, long black slack & white shirt, he looks at peace. Then I saw the scar on his neck & spotted the dried blood on his white shirt. Reality then set in. There are no warm, no breathing, no smile, no talk...and no more life.

For the past few days, I had been searching & questioning myself…what had prompt him to take his own life..? Was it love? Was it family conflict? Was it school? Was it rejection? These questions remain unanswered. What was so overwhelming that the tall slim body could not absorb that death is the only option…???

I remember the saying that in all aspect of life you cannot fail but you must fail in attempt of suicide so that maybe just maybe the survive could then looks life at different perspective- that it is God precious gift. Anyway, to all my relatives who are still in the state of grieving life must goes on, the living must continue to live…

Did I forget to mention who is he..? He is my nephew, eldest son of my second cousin who at the age of 14 decided to take his own life last Saturday. May your soul rest in peace..? I doubt that he must had been in the state of confusion when death happens…In your memory dear nephew, I am sorry for not being the approachable aunt you could turned to in times of your turmoil.

Today on the 2nd of November, where catholic remembered all the souls departed, I wish you – May your soul rest in peace. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment